A body lift improves the shape and tone on underlying tissue.
A well-toned body with smooth contours often is a sign of fitness achieved by healthy diet and exercise. However, exercise cannot always achieve the desired results for people who have loose, sagging skin and uneven contours. Aging, sun damage, pregnancy, and significant fluctuations in weight as well as genetic factors may contribute to poor tissue elasticity and can result in sagging of the abdomen, buttocks, thighs, and upper arms.
If you desire a firmer, more youthful looking body contour, then a surgical body lift may help achieve your goals. Arkansas Plastic Surgery's skilled surgeons, Dr. Bauer and Dr. Talbert, are happy to provide this procedure for patients seeking to meet these goals. It improves the shape and tone on the underlying tissue that supports fat and skin. Excess sagging fat and skin are removed to treat conditions caused by poor tissue elasticity. In addition, the procedures can improve a dimpled, irregular skin surface, commonly known as cellulite. A body lift may include these areas:
- Abdominal area, locally or extending around the sides and into the lower back area
- Buttocks, that may be low, flat or shaped unevenly
- Groin that may sag into the inner thigh
- Thigh, including the inner, outer, posterior, or circumferentially
Good candidates for body lift surgery are:
- Individuals with significant soft tissue looseness in one or multiple body areas
- Healthy individuals who do not have medical conditions that can impair healing or increase risk of surgery
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic goals for what body lift surgery can accomplish
- Individuals committed to leading a healthy lifestyle including proper nutrition and fitness
For more information on body lift surgery, please contact our office to schedule a free cosmetic consultation.